The Sino-Brazilian Academic Exchange Center (SBAEC) is an independent, Brazilian organization that
serves as a transcultural portal between hemispheres East and West through cultural excursions and
study trips in China, as well as participation in academic events in the Chinese intellectual community.
The following are SBAEC’s main objectives:
- Foster a greater understanding between the two cultures, East and West.
- Disseminate Chinese thought and culture in the West.
- Contribute to the internationalization of China.
- Participate in and organize multidisciplinary academic events.
- Cooperate in Chinese academic studies in the area of consciousness research.
- Publish international academic works.
Kevin de La Tour (American) and Simone Magalhães
Pinto de La Tour (Brazilian) have been in contact with
China since 1998. They moved from New York to Beijing in
1999 in order to study the Chinese language and maintain
a closer contact with the Chinese culture and its people.
With the proximity acquired in the Chinese academic
community, Kevin and Simone have been continuously
participating in conferences and symposia on Chinese
culture and philosophy, being a body of ideas that are
fundamental for enhancement and development in the
research of the human consciousness and its capacities.
They founded the SBAEC in 2004 as an association and,
in 2008, the Center was transformed into a corporation. In
order to continue their activities in the Chinese academic
community and facilitate the organization/promotion of
exchanges with China, Kevin and Simone live in Beijing.
- ATTA - Association of Taditional Therapies: Acupuncture, São Paulo, Brazil
- Acupuncture Training Center, Beijing, China
- Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong province, China
- Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TJUTCM), Tianjin, China
- Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei province, China
- Center for Zhouyi & Ancient Chinese Philosophy, Shandong University, Jinan China
- Qufu Normal University, Qufu, China
- Medical Qigong Center, China
- China Radio International (CRI), Beijing, China
- Beijing Lawyers Association (BLA), Beijing, China